Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Interpretation of measurements

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Hostboard Member dominique-tanguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2011
    Location
    Cologne (Germany)
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Interpretation of measurements

    Good morning to all,

    I am not a sound engineer and I need some help to interpret measurements. I obtain reliable results when I place my microphone close to the loudspeaker (blue curve), but when I place it about 1 meter from the cabinet, in order to measure a full range curve for the 3 speakers, I get a severe dip close to 50 Hz (green curve), which is exactly matching the frequency of the second bump of the impedance measurement.

    Is there any relation, like phase issue ?

    Thank you for your help

    Dominique

    close1m
    impdance
    Last edited by dominique-tanguy; August 6th, 2011 at 02:57 AM.
    Altec 825 (515-8G) Altec 1505B (291-16A) IWATA 600(GPA 802-8G) + Mark Levinson No. 29 - Kenwood KD-8030 - DAC Dangerous Source - J-River

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.